Customer Care Agent
The Collections Agent will be responsible for contacting and collecting loan payments from existing customers who have failed to make a payment on their contractual due date. You will be responsible for conducting accurate assessments of a customer financial circumstances to determine if the customer is in financial difficulties and setting up affordable repayment plans.
- Maintain a highly professional and informative manner in all dealings with customers
- Effectively deal with inbound and outbound calls
- Conduct courtesy calls to clients who are up to date on their existing loan, discuss options of further finance where requested and to confirm sustainable affordability on their existing loan
- Chase outstanding payments from early, mid and late collections
- Conduct fact finds with clients to determine why they have fallen behind with their re-payments and offer a suitable and fair solution in order to ultimately help with their situation
- Complete income and expenditure assessments with clients struggling to meet re-payments
- Follow up on re-payment promises
- Data Input – updating the CRM with full accurate notes and add any correspondence from debt management customers
- Collecting debt owed from clients and handling card payments
- Act in accordance with FCA guidelines at all times
- Attend any meetings/training sessions as requested by your Manager, taking on board any further actions requested.
- Co-operate with Managers and carry out any duties as requested.
- Any other responsibility required to perform the role.
These responsibilities may change depending on the business requirements
As this role requires customer interaction, we expect some common specifications in our agents.
- Previous experience in a collections role/ strong telephone based role
- Ability to empathise with customers struggling to make re-payments
- Computer literate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work using own initiative and motivation
- Demonstrate flexibility in busy times where possible.
- Willingness to adapt to change.
- Willing to learn new things by the trainings provided by the organisation