As part of the Loan Underwriter role you will underwrite loans to applicants by ensuring that a detailed fact finding exercise is carried out with each applicant and a decision granted taking into account all information obtained.
- Taking inbound calls and making outbound calls
- Customer service (helping customers who are having difficulties on the website or general queries).
- Completing full applications with applicants and questioning applicants around the loan purpose and their current financial situation
- Advising applicants on loan re-payments
- Conduct a thorough income and expenditure to ensure clients can afford to meet the proposed loan repayments
- Conduct a credit search on the client to ensure they meet criteria, study the search and discuss it with the applicant
- Validate Clients bank details
- Obtain and check proof of income and any other documents required to satisfy the company’s Lending Policy
- Make a formed lending decision based on the information gathered.
- Collect any additional information off the applicant or their employer (if required)
- Contact employer to conduct employment checks
- Act in accordance with FCA guidelines at all times
The ideal candidate would have
- Previous experience within Financial Services, particularly within an FCA regulated environment
- Knowledge of lending and of the Consumer Credit Act
- Good computer literacy
- Good mathematical skills
- An excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Have an excellent telephone manner